My personal values as a business leader: honesty, clarity, simplicity
Sometimes I feel it is important to think about your set of values and revisit them once in a while by asking :
1. were these the right values for me ?
2. were these the right values for my peers, direct reports and managers?
3. if not what values should be replaced with what values?
Over the years, these values worked for me personally:
- Walk the talk as a leader
- do not have hidden agendas
antonyms: lying and hiding
- provide a clear vision
- communicate where we stand
- be open with feedback
- always communicate concisely
antonyms: ambiguity and obfuscation
- make things simple for customers, employees, stakeholders
- delegate and decentralize because big things move slowly and complacently
antonyms: complexity, complication, excuses